»

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Oh Man

I've heard Jenna a few times in the last week or so muttering to herself, "oh man" and I know she learned it from me. I had one of those moments myself this morning. We went to Costco for the express purpose of buying a package of King's Hawaiian Rolls for some sandwiches I'm making for a baby shower tonight. Apparently these rolls cost $132.65 because that is how much I spent at checkout.

Since we don't have a garage, we use a Radio Flyer for the minivan-to-kitchen trek. However, the haul was just barely over our little wagon's capacity, so I asked Marielle to carry a bag of chips and Jenna the bananas. Both girls were staggering under the weight of their items (it was quite humorous to watch) so I told them to sit down in the shade and wait for me to unload and come right back. At the same time the package of rolls slipped off the top of the load, so I tossed the rolls over to my little strikers and continued on with my handcart, I mean wagon. From a distance, I saw Jenna take advantage of those nice, soft, fluffy rolls by sitting on them.

Oh man.

3 comments:

Katie said...

I think I was about to tell you what a hilarious story that was, but then I clicked on the sandwich link, and my pregnant self lost all train of thought. Must...Eat..One...Now...

sherrie bebe said...

Love it! That is hilarious!

Annie said...

No wonder the sandwiches tasted so good - the secret to the recipe is the squishing part...