»

Sunday, September 13, 2020

Journal for a Sunday

 Today Ryan had the idea that we should spend some time journaling. We are living in unprecedented times though it feels like that phrase is very precedented now. We all can go on and on about how bad this year has gone. Australian wildfires, COVID, shutdowns, online school, online church, no outings, and lately the California wildfires and Smokey air. It’s hard not to get down about how horrible life is, and how we didn’t even know how good our life used to be. I think I’m learning to recognize the good now, because tomorrow might be worse! 

Ryan and I have date night again.

Ping pong is fun.

Pickle ball is really fun too. I like learning a new way to be active.

Hal looks super cute in his Superwings Jammies. No need to get dressed when you are already comfy and looking good!

Watching TikTok with four giggling kids while Ryan makes dinner is kinda awesome.

We have the technology available to continue work and school without getting getting sick.

Our Bishop cares and loves his ward family—even on Zoom.

Our kitchen table is long, large, and sturdy. Practically kid proof!

I love how the kids play the piano all the time now.  I love that it also has a volume button for noisy songs.

Our kids bathroom turned out  adorable. I just love the leaves and the colors.

Hal is potty trained!!!!!!!!! Can I get a hallelujah? 

I share a house with six book lovers. We have strong ties to the library.

We are eating ice cream RIGHT NOW!!!

Ryan now is a full time, bonafide, staff scientist. It feels so good to have a nice straight path ahead of us. And some extra cash to go along with it!

We own a house. 

We have five healthy, mostly happy, kids.

Air conditioning , fans, and beaches make even 112 degree days manageable.

Someday my kids will go to school with glee. 

And I think someday I will look back on this quiet, slow time with a bit of nostalgia.  Remember the good old days? When life was simple?

Live and love today!





No comments: