»

Thursday, October 4, 2007

One Great Recipe and a Call for More!


Today I am trying to get my grocery list together and had a great idea. Instead of searching online like I usually do, I thought I'd try the blogging world since I'd rather have your recommendations than on-line mystery cooks. :) So my great idea is that I post a great recipe and then you post one for me in the comment section. The sharing of good dinners will abound without anyone having to print a RS cookbook. If this works I post more recipes periodically. And please comment if you try our recipe and like it, feedback is fun!

Our latest family favorite is Apple Quesadillas. They are super easy, the recipe makes a lot, and delicious. Ryan loves them and requests them all the time.

INGREDIENTS

  • 2 medium tart apples, sliced
  • 1 cup diced, cooked chicken breast
  • 1/2 cup shredded fat free Cheddar cheese
  • 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
  • 1/2 cup fresh or frozen corn, thawed
  • 1/2 cup chopped fresh tomatoes
  • 1/2 cup chopped onion
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 6 (8 inch) (8 inch) flour tortillas
  • 3/4 cup shredded lettuce
  • 3/4 cup salsa
  • 6 tablespoons fat free sour cream

DIRECTIONS

  1. In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Place about 3/4 cup on half of each tortilla. Fold tortilla in half over filling and secure with toothpicks. Place on a baking sheet coated with nonstick cooking spray. Bake at 400 degrees F for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. ( I cook mine on an electric skillet, works pretty well for me)
  2. Carefully turn quesadillas over; bake 5-8 minutes longer or until golden. Discard toothpicks. Cut each quesadilla into three wedges; serve with lettuce, salsa and sour cream.
Hope you like them! And PLEASE post your rave review recipe!

4 comments:

123 checkoutourfamily said...

Mary Karlee,
I"m really liking this idea. I feel like I'm always making the same ole' things and I get pretty bored really. I'll have to share one.

Quite Content said...

I will have to try your recipe soon. Here is mine.

Here ya go. It makes a lot.


Chicken Enchilada Casserole

2 Big chicken breasts
1 onion chopped
2tbs oil
1 can of cream of chicken soup
1 can of cream of mushroom soup
1 can of green enchilada sauce
1c. sour cream
1 small can of diced green chilies
1 (8 oz) block of extra sharp cheddar cheese
10- 15 corn tortillas torn into bite sized pieces

Boil chicken and then shred meat. Saute onion in saucepan until translucent. Stir in soups, sour cream, green enchilada sauce, and chilies. Heat until warm. Tear tortillas into bite sized pieces. Put a layer of sauce in the bottom of the slow cooker. Then add layers of chicken, tortillas, cheese and sauce. Repeat layers ending with cheese and sauce. Cover. Cook on high 2-3 hours or low for 5-6.

Ben said...

My favorite part is the chineses people. Good work mary.

coolhandluke said...

We've got something similar going at The Anderson Kitchen. Let us know if you want to contribute. We'd love your input.