»

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Everything I Need to Know I Learned in Indiana

Ok, about that title: not true, but I did think it would make a nice title for my post. Marielle and I just got home from our trip to help Grandma take care of Marielle's four cousins while their parents are on a cruise. We had a great time and learned a few things too:
Baths are way more fun with cousins!

Marielle is a lot more capable than we thought, but she still can't drink from a cup. We cleaned up milk and grape juice on two occasions when drinking turned into dumping full cups down her front!
School lunch is cheap! I met Daylin and Bethany at school for lunch and was amazed how much food I got for $2.75. Lunch with the girls was a blast.

Playing Sorry is a lot more difficult than I remembered. Hyrum (age 5) couldn't count spaces, remember to discard, or pick up only one card at a time and Bethany (7) couldn't handle the emotional highs and lows of bumping and getting bumped back home. After two turns she was sobbing and had to quit early.

The Chinese Cultural Revolution was whacked out. I had some time to read from my latest book Life and Death in Shanghai and can hardly believe the things the poor Chinese people have had to go through.

Stairs mean trouble! Although I thought Marielle was proficient at stairs, she's not. She fell down them Monday night and fractured her little arm. We didn't find out it was broken until we got home to Houston and now she is sporting a cast. She's a little trooper!
If you put on your coat, it means you are leaving. Now that we're home she's tried several times to get me to put on her coat in hopes that we'll head out the door.

Grandmas sure love their grandkids!!!

1 comment:

123 checkoutourfamily said...

sorry to hear about her arm. Crazy! It looks like you had a lot of fun. We went to baby storytime and missed you. Erika went last week too!

Oh by the way, we're going to do an Easter Egg hunt and you're invited. I'll email you the details.