»

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Marielle's Very Fairy Party

Twas the night before Marielle's party and all through the house...

We constructed a fairy tent for our celebration the next day. Although I felt perhaps such an elaborate decoration might set a precedent for future birthday's I'm not sure I can keep up, it was awfully fun to make and a bit magical to create while our little fairy was sleeping.
Dad had another important job that night in assembling Marielle's bike. This was the present she really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really wanted. Thankfully for this four year old, her parents did not disappoint.


We had such a fun time at the party. Although it was a "family only" year, it turned out to be way more fun than a friends party since everyone there adores Marielle and it showed. She won every game and had choruses of cheers each time she figured out the next clue on the fairy hunt. I was pleased with the cake, beautiful on the outside and yummy on the inside. Marielle had very specific instructions: chocolate cake with a "moma-dada cake on the bottom and a sweetie cake on the top." And of course it needed to be pink.
I'm not sure who enjoyed the day more, Marielle or her parents. I loved watching her delight and excitement during each part of her party and I know Ryan did too. It is awesome to be a parent. I get to relive the magic of childhood but this time I get to be in charge.


If you want to see all the pictures from the party (there are a lot!) you can see them here.

4 comments:

123 checkoutourfamily said...

Ya'll are awesome! I know she had a great b-day. I do like a friend's party every other year idea. I have another friend that does it and I think we might have to adopt the idea.

Alayne said...

Wow! You guys are the coolest parents ever! What a fun day. I can't believe she's 4! Happy Birthday Marielle!

Flem said...

Wow is right. Wow.

For a second I wondered if you got a new couch in your apartment and then I realized that wasn't actually in your place.

It really has to be the most stunning fairy decor ever.

michelle m said...

Ditto to Lee. I was thinking to myself... 'Holy cow I need to get decorating advice from the Mullins because they make family student housing look aMAZing!'

But even now that I know the truth I still think you are amazing.

Happy Birthday to Mariel.