»

Friday, October 7, 2011

Dinner at Santa Catalina

A few weeks ago I got some comp tickets to the dorm cafeteria for helping to clean out the Swap Shop.  Tonight our family cashed in the tickets and enjoyed a night out with the freshman.  I thought a few moments were blog-worthy:

Jenna enjoying the very soft soft-serve.
  • About 15 minutes into our meal Ryan and I realized Jenna had the very same piece of taquito that she started with. It looked relatively untouched and yet her ketchup was nearly gone. 
  • Rex ate jello for the first time.  
  • We passed a freshman in the elevator with a laundry basket.  I thought to myself nostalgically, oh I remember those days.  Laundry in the dorm basement. And then the sad realization that I am actually living those days now.  No nostalgia needed thank you.
  • Marielle commented during dinner, "Living here is like living in a castle.  You don't have to wash, cook or clean."  I thought it showed wisdom beyond her years, since most freshmen don't even realize how pampered they are.  And then reminding us of her  true age, she stuck the salt shaker in her mouth.

1 comment:

Karisa said...

Ha Ha Ha!! I remember returning to the MTC cafeteria after years, but this time with 3 small children and a husband. We got to eat there occasionally since Pat worked there. It was definitely an experience. Mostly weird with all the sister missionaries wanting to hold the baby.