»

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Debate Settled: Jenna's Compassionate

Marielle received a blue sleeveless dress from one of our neighbors. She told me yesterday that she was very excited to wear it to church. I asked her, "Did you decide if you're going to wear a shirt under it or a sweater?"

Her response: "Umm, we're still debating that."


What 4 year-old uses words like "debate"? Just another sign that this girl is growing up too fast.

Also, Rex and I survived Mom's first extended absence today. MK went to church today to teach Gospel Doctrine. Rex did great, until T-25 minutes to Mom's return. Then he let me know, quite vocally, that I am his second-choice parent. When Rex started crying, Jenna's head popped up, like she just remembered we have this baby now, and she sprinted out of the room. She returns carrying a pacifier. Sadly, this wasn't quite the cure-all I'm sure Jenna thought it would be, especially because I was already holding one in Rex's mouth. A few minutes later, however, Rex did settle down. Jenna walked up to me saying "Baby!" So I bent down, to let her get close. She noticed Rex had a tear on his cheek, so she ran and brought me a cloth to wipe it away.


You're in good hands, Rex.

4 comments:

Annie said...

That's sweet. Rex just looks like Jenna's baby doll!

It's funny you were trying to get Marielle to put more ON. Jared wanted to wear a corduroy jacket and I tried to convince him to take it OFF (it's too hot for this weather), but he still wanted to wear it.

Kimi said...

She's a mini mom!

Hodnett Family said...

What great kids you have!

TheSycamores said...

Marielle's dress is so cute! I like the jacket. Jenna & Rex look so cute together. Jenna's compassion is blossoming.