»

Saturday, February 9, 2008

A Valentine's Tag




Since it seems we're all in a giant game of tag I figured I might as well start playing. Truthfully, Tricia tagged me several months back and I have been slow on the return. But I did not forget, I always kinda had it in the back of my mind that someday I would get to it, and now is the day. The thing that spurred me into action after these very many months was a fun tag I saw on someone else's blog. Dare I ask, is it legal to tag back with a different tag? The said tag quizzes about your spouse and dating story which are both subjects I love talking about so hence my new motivation. Without further ado....
How long have you been together?It's been almost four years since the first time I saw him playing musical chairs with his sister Megan at SM3's family home evening. Correction, he was playing "musical Megan" and wouldn't let anyone else play as she paraded around the chairs and he slowly took one away each round. I thought he was weird and a little loud at first glance, but now I grin and my heart melts when I watch his antics. (Remember the post about our Seinfeld adventure? He has no fear and will do anything, within covenant he likes to add. :)

One of our first dates
How long did you date? We dated for six months and were engaged for three.
How old is he? Ryan is a strapping 26.
Who eats more? He does, and if I did, I don't think I'd be admitting it here.
Who said "I love you" first? We like to argue about this one. He claims he said it first because he said the words out loud first, but I wrote them earlier that morning in my journal.

Who is taller? Ryan is a strapping 6'3.
Who sings better? Me.
Who is smarter? Ryan, if we are talking formulas and numbers. Me, if we are talking remembering names of people or life events.
Who does the laundry? Me. I used to hate laundry, but now I give myself a treat by watching something fun as I fold. Currently I am watching a DVD series called Pole to Pole and tracks the journeys of a guy from the North to the South Pole.
Who does the dishes? Ryan primarily, but I help out.

Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Is this looking at the bed or from the bed? Looking at the bed, I'm on the right. The most important factor is my side of the bed is the closest to the bathroom.
Who pays the bills? Me.
Who mows the lawn? Ryan with much weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth.
Who cooks dinner? Me.
Who is more stubborn? I think Ryan, but maybe he'd say me.
Who kissed who first? Don't both of us have to be kissing at the same time?

Who asked who out? Ryan called me up one Saturday afternoon for a date that same night. I had to ditch my book club, but it was infinitely worth it. :)
Who proposed? Ryan and he did a great job. Very romantic.

Our engagement photo
Who is more sensitive? I don't know. I think we're pretty close on this one.
Who has more friends? I don't know. I think we're pretty close on this one.
Who has more siblings? I don't know. I think we're pretty close on this one. J/k, me. I've got six, he's got four
Who wears the pants in the relationship? Marielle.
Who are you tagging? Ryan, Erica, Sarah H.


4 comments:

Lacy said...

Loved your tag. I love to see pictures of you and your family. I look at your little girl and i can see both you and Ryan. See is cute.

S+S said...

You two make such a saweet couple! We love you guys! we sure miss hanging out with you!

123 checkoutourfamily said...

What a cute post! It's fun to learn all those details. I still need to tell my sister that Ryan was in her freshman ward. :)

TheSycamores said...

Hi, We loved your new posts.

MOM