»

Thursday, January 8, 2009

The Lion and the Lamb

 

I remember an art project I made in first grade that had picture of a lion and a lamb with cotton balls and the title, "March comes in like a Lion and goes out like a lamb." My teacher was a little worried about first graders screwing up the spelling with permanent marker so we came to her desk one by one to write the words with her careful directions and surveillance. I was extremely nervous when my time came to take the marker. When I was almost finished my confidence overcame me and I reversed the vowels in the word "goes", creating geos. AHHH! Mrs Hadad was very annoyed and made me fix it as best we could by making the o really thick so it almost covered the wrong e and squeezing an e before the s. The fact that I remember this scenario so well shows how traumatized I really was.

So while Izzie's towel is actually a kitty and not a lamb, pretending it's a lamb brings a whole lot more fun to my blog post of the day. :)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: